The GYROTONIC EXPANSION SYSTEM is a revolutionary system of exercise that incorporates key movement principles from yoga, dance, gymnastics, swimming, and tai-chi. This “System” is served by a series of specially designed exercise equipment, which is built around the human body with regards to total freedom in movement.
Developed by Juliu Horvath, a former dancer and gymnast, GYROTONIC movements stretch and strengthen muscles while simultaneously stimulating and strengthening the connective tissues in and around the joints. The even and constant resistance in the equipment eliminates the jarring found in conventional exercise machines where most injuries tend to occur. The exercises—synchronized with corresponding breathing patterns—provide stimulation to the cardiovascular and nervous systems which can range from gentle to challenging depending on the pace, repetition and intensity of the workout.
We offer a complete experience in the GYROTONIC EXPANSION SYSTEM via towers and all specialized equipment including the Gyrotoner, Jumping-Stretching Board, Leg Extension Unit, Ladder and Archway. The studio is also host to GYROTONIC teacher trainings and workshops.
More Benefits of the GYROTONIC Method:
- Helps to control body weight and sculpts the body
- Builds functional strength throughout the spine and connective tissues
- Improves athletic/dance performance by balancing the body
- Releases stress, energizes the body, and clears the mind
- Opens up the energy pathways of the body through the meridian system
- Offers a fun, alternative way of exercising/strength training
- Rehabilitates injuries and is a useful form of injury prevention
- Increases stamina and helps to slow the aging process
- Harmonizes body, mind, and spirit
Read more about the GYROTONIC method at: www.Gyrotonic.com